- iExperience | Step into the Flow | Forest Spirits | Kreuzbach Gorge | 17 km
- Mar 28 2020
- 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
iExperience – Wildlife Spotting, Photo & Video Quest, Viernheim
Did you know that birds are the forest’s first warning and alarm system?
By changing the way they sing they announce the arrival of a predator or other dangers. Be it in the air or on the ground.
You can also set your watch to them because depending on the species they start or stop singing at a specific time.
It is very improbable that we are going to see foxes, roe deer or wild boars on this trip.
Nevertheless we can spot lots of birds once we get conscious of how noisy we are in the forest and learn to sneak in.
We will walk together in silence for a while and together spot the singing birds in the high trees around us.
We will try to catch those animals on picture or video. A camera with a zoom would come in handy.
And later we will also walk in a distance from each other and try to sneak in on the birds individually.
Then we will try to determine the species.
For that I can recommend a free app from the Cornell Ornitology Labs with a collection of thousands of bird sounds and pictures:
If you have a smartphone please install google maps to find back to the starting point.
Event fee: 40 euros
• Oat cookies
iExperience events are one day events:
Will be announced after booking.
What to bring:
• A smile
• Sporty outfit adjusted to weather conditions (umbrella and / or rain coat if weather is unstable)
• Hiking boots or shoes with good traction for longer distances
• FOOD AND WATER FOR THE TIME OF THE HIKE! IMPORTANT!
• An isolationg mat to sit on
• A flashlight or headlamp!!!!
Please keep track of the comment section for changes.