New Year’s Eve Hike to Saint Steven’s Abbey, Heiligenberg, Heidelberg, 8,4 km
Do you have any plans for New Year’s Eve? I am pleased to suggest a hike to Steven’s Abbey (Stefanskloster) from where we will have a splendid view on Heidelberg Castle and the old town to see the fireworks at midnight.
We will start at 20:00 and walk up to ThingstÃ¤tte and St. Michael’s Abbey. Shortly before midnight we will approach Steven’s Abbey. The prefect spot to have a glass of sparkling wine and enjoy the fireworks. Unfortunately last year it was completely foggy. If that repeats this year we will walk down again and watch the fireworks from Philosophenweg. From last year’s experience there were no crowds there.
Event fee: 30 euros
- Oat cookies
- A glass of sparkling wine at midnight.
- Fuchsrondel with views on Bergheim
- St. Michael’s Abbey ruins.
- Steven’s Abbey
Distance: 8,4 km
Ascent: 350 m
Descent: 350 m
iCommunity events encourage to socialise and the only given structure are two sharing circles at the beginning and at the end. In the beginning we can introduce ourselves and tell something that can raise the interest of the other participants and make it easier to approach us later on. At the end we will have a circle in order to share our experience and make suggestions.
In front of O’Riley’s Irish pub.
What to bring:
- A smile
- Sporty outfit adjusted to weather conditions (umbrella and / or rain coat if weather is unstable)
- Hiking boots or shoes with good traction for longer distances
- FOOD AND WATER FOR THE TIME OF THE HIKE! IMPORTANT!
- An isolationg mat to sit on
- A flashlight or headlamp!!!!